Saturday, March 15, 2008

Working fix for PC850 on Vista

This is my fix to get my Motorola PC850 Bluetooth dongle to work with Vista.
This was done and tested on Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition.


Once you insert your PC850 windows will be unable to find a driver for it.




When it prompts you for a driver choose:
"Browse my computer for driver software"




Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"





  1. Here choose GenericAdapter under manufacturer list
  2. Now choose Generic Bluetooth Adapter
  3. Click Next


Windows will give you a warning that this driver is not recommended for ....
blah blah blah...
Just click "Yes" to continue using the driver.


You should now have a bluetooth tray icon.

Now you can add bluetooth devices and they will work!




This is what your adapters properties should look like.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much!!! This worked for me (on Vista 32 bit)

Unknown said...

Thank you!!!
It works perfectly!!!
(Vista Basic SP1, 32bit)

mdtyler said...

Great tutorial the only thing its missing is the before you can select generic drivers you have to select bluetooth radio then the rest was perfect. THANK YOU SO MUCH MAN. I was just about to give up on this bt adapter for Vista. Once again your a genius and thx a million

Salubri said...

Thanks man!!!!!!! i'm very tired of seek this shit in internet, sorry my bad englesh, i'm brasilian. thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Fantastic work and its a shame i couldn't figure out something as simple as this! Guess i need to stop over analyzing things.

Unknown said...

It does not give me the option of "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer." How do I get that function to come up?